11 October 2009

Seguro y Feliz

So!

I have finally arrived in Matagalpa, where I will be completing my two-month internship with Usura Cero. I am incredibly excited to be here, living with the same wonderful family I stayed with during the few days we spent here in September.

Usura Cero is run by the Sandinista Government--a brand new (<1 year) microfinance program that hasn´t really been studied. I´m thrilled to be working with them, but even more excited to study microloans firsthand. If all goes well, I´ll be researching the success rates of these loans and traveling to each project, so I can learn from the Nicaraguans that are paying this money back.

For now, I have safely arrived in Matagalpa, where everything is fantastic! Thanks for all your messages, etc..if I had the time, I´d try and respond, but internet minutes seem to add up quickly here!

I´ll be sure to post here when I can..for sure next weekend when I´ll have a lot more to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment